Friday, March 18

Long Live 'Long Run'

Long Run was to be my biggest bet of the festival's four days.  Firstly because it was time for the older horses to show their age, and the youngblood to come through to take over the mantle of King of the Hill, and the form book stood by such a scenario.  The second was becasue day two and three were so crap I needed a way out of the hole I had dug for myself.

Being decidely conservative in my approach, I logged on the night before to find Paddy Power quoting Long Run at 9/2, with Insured 3 places at 7/2 which I thought was huge given previous results at Kempton.  However, given my previous two days results I wasn't about to preach my opinion as being a sure thing and quietly declared these thoughts to the privacy of me, myself and I.
Insured 3 places means you get your money back if he is second or third and paid the quoted price if he wins.  I decided I'd bet the insured 3 places.  When I logged on the next morning before heading out for a cycle, it had reduced from 7/2 to 11/4, three quarters of a point was not an inconsiderate amount of cash given the amount staked, but what can you do.  I placed the bet and headed out for a 3 hour cycle.

Upon my return I retreated to the couch , turned up the surround sound and mimicked every action of Sam Whaley-Cowen (the jockey) as he covered every blade of grass on the new course.  Had I a whip in hand the couch would be threadbare and ragged, get in there you good thing.

On the soccer front, tonight I will bet a treble:

Over 2.5 - Gladbach v Kaiserlautern 4/6
Both to Score - Chesterfield v Rotherham 4/6
Both to Score - Southend v Hereford 4/6

3pts @ 4.63

No comments:

Post a Comment