Saturday, March 12

Gazumped!

 Training
My initial intention of revisiting Slieve Mann & Shay Elliott on Saturday was wandering wearily in my mind when those well informed meteorologists predicted snow, or at least very low temperatures.  The need to visit the far reaches of Glenmalure subsided rapidly, and was replaced by the vision of hill repeats of Edmonston Rd/Stocking Lane as my Saturday training. 
Leaving my comfortable abode at 9am, my thoughts en route to Edmonston were summarising the day ahead as 45 mins (approx) per loop, times 6 loops plus 30mins there and back total, should see me arrive home for 2pm, showered and changed in time for the football scores to begin streaming in.

In actual fact, after 20 mins on the bike and beginning the climb of Edmonston Rd I felt exhausted, as if I was finishing a five hour cycle instead of beginning one.  My legs were as weak as water, couldn't get into a rythym and just wanted to go back to bed, which is exactly what I did after another 20 mins of climbing.  I didn't even make the turn off to descend Stocking Lane, I simply turned about face and descended Edmonston.  The mind was screaming onward to Slieve Mann, but the body ruled the roost and guided me home for a surprisngly needed rest day.  I'll do the ThinkBike spin tomorrow.

 Sports Betting
Poor results today a the soccer, -14pts on posted bets.  Sometimes I follow my own advice and sometimes I stray.  Today I also bet Bolton to beat Birmingham once I saw the line ups thinking there was some value in their price; the profit was soon gobbled up by my Over 2.5 bet losing in the Man Utd/Arsenal clash.  How this bet failed to win is a mystery given the chances in the second half.
I then bet Real Madrid to win to nil, which was in hindsight the bet of the weekend, Hercules havent scored in their last ten away games, at 5/6 it was a steal.  I was -10pts at this stage for the day.

Luckily I recovered all losses at the greyhounds at Shelbourne via Broadstrand Lad (7/4 winner), Colourful Fox (7/2 loser), Quick Lee (11/4 winner), which enabled the great escape with a half point profit for the day.  Maybe tomorrow will be more successful, bets below:

Over 2.5 - Cagliari v Udinese     10/11
Over 2.5 - St Pauli v Stuttgart     4/7

4 pts @ 3.00
---------------------------------------------------

Correct Score - Chievo v Fiorentina     13/2

1 pt @ 7.5
---------------------------------------------------

Under 2.5 - Chievo v Fiorentina      4/7
Win to nil - AC Milan                     4/5

3 pts @ 2.83
---------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment