Friday, February 18

My gym sucks.......

Training
Took Monday off after two good sessions on the bike at the weekend, managed two days at the gym midweek which was a stretch to be honest.  Ever since I moved apartment I was forced to also locate a new gym.  My old gym was small with limited members, had a swimming pool and a studio with a punch bag.  It was also 50 metres from where I lived, all boxes checked, I never missed.

My new gym is huge, and it has about a billion members.  You can't turn around without bumping in to someone, tripping over countless dumb bells strewn aside like plastic cups at a concert.  Gotta queue for a machine, etc, man it sucks.  Plus there are so many posing idiots pumped up like Popeye overdosed on spinach if you know what I mean.  I really need to find a new gym.  I used go twice a day sometimes at my old place, now I can barely put in three days a week.  Anyway, the two days I got were short 45 min sessions but intensive as I could make it and I have definitely benefited from them which is a plus.

I'll be spending the weekend in the comfort of my girlfriend's home town, and also hooking up with a few mates from my home town to boot so the (liquid) calorie intake will soar and the exercise rapidly decline over the next 3 days (well it won't decline, it will just evaporate).  In my defence, I should be playing a few games of darts at the local watering hole, just a different form of sport but I shall still be an athlete in training.


Sports Betting
There are two greyhounds running tomorrow night at Shelbourne Park which I think have good chances.

Second Race - Trap 4 - Busters Choice
This dog has good early gears and is opposed by trap 6, for the third time recently, who four has beaten twice already and there is no reason to see why he cant make it a third time.  The other 4 opponents are all coming back after lay offs over the winter and could be in need of the run.  Even if they don't need the run the 4 dog is in good form and handles the track well, with a similar run from previous outings he should prove hard to stop.  Price wise he wont be big, I would probably think he'd return around evens or 6/4 at best.

Ninth Race - Trap 5 - Quick Lee
Lots of early pace in this race.  Five can lead the outside with 1 & 3 charging to the corner also, trap one doesn't stay too well and 3 is an obvious danger, however, the five has slightly more gears down the back and has a few lengths on the clock to boot. Should return around 2/1 - 5/2 depending upon support in the ring.


Tranmere were the value price of the midweeks soccer, however, I got a little greedy and combined them with Watford who leaked an early goal (4th minute), then a second soon after, and could eventually only muster a draw against the defensively woeful Preston.  Burton, had they scored, would have salvaged some profit for the evening but no success materialising from their corner either.  Still in the red for February so seeking some retribution from Saturday & Sunday's fixture list.  Shortlist below with some good value, in particular Crewe who are a good price to overcome Stevenage, personal favourites highlighted (29/1 accum), although I will have various combinations of the below.

Both Teams To Score
Leverkusen v Stuttgart
Colchester v Walsall
Stockport v Macclesfield
Portsmouth v Barnsley
Montpelier v Lille
Lecce v Juventus

Over 2.5 Goals
Leverkusen v Stuttgart
Colchester v Walsall
Peterboro v Tranmere

Home Wins
Udinese
Napoli
Crewe
Fiorentina
Millwall
Hannover

No comments:

Post a Comment